I will have such revenges on you both,
That all the world shall--I will do such things,--
What they are, yet I know not: but they shall be
The terrors of the earth.
King Lear (2.4.305-9)
I'll let +Jens D. tell it like it is...
"Some of you might remember the Dungeons & Drunkards Weekend initiated by +Charles Akins back when (if you've never heard of it, feel free to check out that first link leading you to a pdf leading you to enlightenment ...). Well, we had so much fun, we started another project and took some more people on board to write about another topic: Vengeance! And since we are a bunch of creative bastards with too much time on our hands, we made a whole week out of it. The fun starts at Monday and it's two post a day until Thursday and one brutal coup de grace on Friday. We'll have it all, tables, short stories, advice for your games, you name it! I'll update this post as soon as the posts start hitting the ground ..."
Participating this time are (in order of initiative):
So stay tuned! This will be an interesting week ... OF REVENGE!!!
So, with all that being said, here is the first of my contributions on the subject of revenge.
Weird crap that villains say on the subject of revenge
d30 Revenge is a dish best served…
2. After moon-rise of the following day
3. In the dog days of high summer
4. Before the frost and after the rains
6. When the west wind blows cold and pale
7. In the lee of the Dog Star
8. Before they even know they’ve crossed you
9. In the dark
10. After midnight
11. Just in time for dinner
12. After you've dug the second grave
13. After a day at the races when the winnings are dribbling down their cheeks
14. Scorching Hot
15. Between the steely thighs of a Chainmailed Caterwaul
16. Between courses at a feast of friends
17. On the poisoned tip of an arrow
18. Up close and personal
19. Between the shoulder blades
20. Across the throat
21. As they lie convulsing at your feet
22. The morning after the night before
23. In a galaxy, far, far away
24. Under the purple tongue of a strangled murderer
25. At a banquet for one
26. On the dark side of the moon
27. At the bottom of a murky well
28. After passion during poison
29. In your last cup of sorrow
30. Again, and again, and again, and again…